What you need to know
At TCC we hope to make your experience enjoyable and exciting. For you to make the most of the sessions, your collaboration is essential. Therefore, here is some helpful information for you to know when attending our sessions:
- FIRST TIME TO THE GYM: Please arrive 10 minutes prior the classes you are attending to meet the coaches and get you sorted. Wear comfortable sports clothing.
- Be on time. We know life is busy so it is ok to be late from time to time. If you are more than 10 minutes late for a class, please be aware admittance to class is at staff discretion. We will always try to be flexible however lateness causes significant disruption to classes, therefore please understand if we ask you to sit the class out.
- Wear proper clean gear according to the discipline you are attending (gear must be washed/cleaned after every session) NOT NEEDED FOR INTROS OR THE FIRST FEW SESSIONS
Boxing/Kickboxing/Muay Thai: gloves wraps and shin pads (mouthguard is recommended)
BJJ Gi: rip free and same colour pants and jacket; belt; (t-shirt or rash guard underneath is optional – mouthguard is recommended)
BJJ No Gi: rip free shorts with no pockets or zippers; and rash guard (compression pants underneath is optional - mouthguard is recommended - NO SINGLETS)
- Have clean feet and wear shoes to the gym. Shoes MUST be worn all times when off the mats (jandals or slides are recommended)
- Have short, trimmed fingers and toenails to avoid scratches, cut and injuries to your own and others.
- Bring a water bottle (reusable is preferred)
- Book classes (our classes have max capacities, make sure you secure your spot)
- Check-in on the iPad on arrival
- Have your attendance card (Kids only)
- LEAVE YOUR BAGS AND PERSONAL BELONGS IN THE CHANGE ROOM OR DESIGNATED CUBES HOLES
- ONLY CLEAN BOXING OR WRESTLING SHOES ARE ALLOWED ON THE MATS. OTHER SHOES, DRINKS, AND FOOD ARE NOT ALLOWED ON THE MAT
- SHOES OR SANDALS MUST BE WORN AT ALL TIMES WHEN NOT ON THE MAT
- RESIST THE URGE TO COACH YOUR CHILD. LET THE COACHES DO THEIR JOB
- LOUD SCREAMING AND PROFANE LANGUAGE IS ABSOLUTELY PROHIBITED IN THE GYM
- ALWAYS BE RESPECTFUL AND KIND
- BE ON TIME FOR THE CLASS: We know life is busy so it is ok to be late from time to time. If you are more than 10 minutes late for a class, please be aware admittance to class is at staff discretion. We will always try to be flexible however lateness causes significant disruption to classes, therefore please understand if we ask you to sit the class out.
- GREET THE TEACHER AND YOUR FELLOW TRAINING PARTNERS
- DO NOT TALK WHEN THE COACH IS TALKING
- BE OPEN-MINDED TO LEARN
- PRACTICE YOUR WEAKNESS
- IF YOU LOSE, TRY AGAIN
- IF YOU WIN, BE RESPECTFUL
- BE HUMBLE AND LEAVE YOUR EGO AT THE DOOR
- HAVE FUN!
Health, hygiene, and uniform/gear protocol
- MAINTAIN GOOD PERSONAL HYGIENE. HAVE CLEAN FEET AND WEAR SHOES WHEN NOT ON THE MAT
- KEEP FINGERS AND TOENAILS TRIMMED
- WEAR PROPER GEAR ACCORDING TO THE DISCIPLINE (GEAR MUST BE WASHED/CLEANED AFTER EVERY SESSION)
- AVOID TRAINING IF YOU ARE SICK OR HAVE COLD/FLU AND SKIN INFECTION SYMPTOMS
- REPORT ANY INJURIES OR HEALTH/SKIN CONDITIONS TO THE COACH BEFORE THE START OF THE CLASS
If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to enquire with our staff.
We appreciate your understanding and collaboration.