Physical activity is a crucial part of a child’s growth and development. Martial arts like boxing, kickboxing, and Brazilian jiu-jitsu, help your child learn the skills and virtues they need to become confident, successful, and productive individuals.
Learning martial arts provides your child with a wealth of personal development opportunities that will impact every area of their life for the rest of their life.
It’s a fun way to get them moving, build their confidence, learn respect, improve their discipline, and prevent bullying.
BJJ Mini Ninjas (4-6 years):
We introduce our youngest kids to BJJ as well to help them develop agility, coordination, and respect for their peers and coach. It includes fun games and interactive drills that teach basic movements and beginner techniques, ensuring a strong foundation and better understanding of our art, while keeping it enjoyable.
BJJ Little Ninjas (7-9 years):
Help your 7-9-year-old develop agility, coordination, and respect for their peers and coach. It includes fun games and interactive drills that teach basic movements and beginner techniques, ensuring a strong foundation and better understanding of our art, while keeping it enjoyable.
BJJ Little Samurais (10-15 years):
Students build a strong foundation for basic techniques, improve their understanding of the practice and improve their coordination, movement, and agility. Classes include both beginner and fundamental techniques as well as an introduction to more advanced BJJ. Coordination drills, interactive games, and exploration of core concepts and ideas in the jiu-jitsu art are part of the program.
KIDS BOXING & KICKBOXING
Designed for kids aged 4 – 12 years old. Full of fun, they learn self-defence and hand-eye coordination. Playing boxing specific games in between drills grows confidence and channels energy. This class is perfect for those with wandering attention spans and also pushes those wanting more.
KIDS FIGHTERS (BOXING & KICKBOXING)
These are invitation-only sessions for kids learning to compete. Speak to reception if you are interested in your child progressing to this class.
Parent - Welcome and Information
Welcome to The Combat Centre, enrolling your child/ren in martial arts is a great decision to provide your kids with the tools to be confident and have fun while learning self-defence skills that help improve coordination, discipline, focus, fitness, and socialisation.
In order for your child/ren to make the most of the sessions, your collaboration is essential. Therefore, we expect the following when bringing your children to our sessions:
- Be on time (if new arrive 15minutes early to meet the coaches)
- Wear proper clean gear according to the discipline he/she is attending
- Boxing/kickboxing: gloves, shinpads, mouthguard- fighter group only (wraps are optional)
- BJJ: Gi and belt (pants and jacket – t-shirt or rash guard underneath is optional – mouthguard is recommended)
- Have clean feet and wear shoes to the gym. Shoes MUST be worn all times when off the mats (jandals and slides are recommended)
- Short, trimmed fingers and toenails to avoid scratches, cut and injuries to their own nails and others.
- Bring a water bottle
- Book classes (our classes have max capacities, make sure you secure your spot)
- Check-in on the iPad on arrival
- Have their attendance card (BJJ only)
If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to enquire with our staff.
We appreciate your understanding and collaboration.